Got the green light. Grizzly G0602

Thanks for the replies guys..

That Shars QCTP is the one I have been looking at. I came across some YouTube videos a while back and noticed that instead of milling (since the mill will be bought after the lathe) plate out for the new QCTP, I can thread a bar to hold the QCTP and if needed this fall when the mill gets here, I can mill a plate..

I really have no idea where to start with cutting tools, where to buy, etc.. I'm a complete novice. Rank beginner. LOL.

I do have some calipers from some cheap HF unit to Mitutoyo - so I'm good there.. The rest, are all blanks I need to fill in.

But he said he is getting a QCTP. If that's the case, 1/2" BITS WILL WORK.

1/2" indexable tools worked fine with original 4 way tool holder. I had to mill off approx. .060-.080" off the bottom of each bit to get them to work with QCTP.

I buy most my stuff so far from ebay or enco. I have over thousand in starrett and Mitt mics, dial test, and drop indicators for about 150 bucks on ebay. My angle blocks and gage blocks and thread pitch mic I believe all came from enco. Harbor freight can get you by with the digi calipers and paralells.

First place I turn is ebay. That gives me a base price to beat on everyone elses site. But it can take alot of looking to find sweet deals. A few tips for looking on ebay...

First search "ending soonest" then search "newely listed" but click to only see "buy it now"

I search these two ways first to find all the auctions about to expire and try to ninja snipe what I want. Then buy it now on new list to snipe the tools listed new and cheap before someone else snags it.

Then last I search "lowest price first" with the "buy it now" function clicked.

I always wondered who would sneak in and ninja swipe me on eBay. Thanks for putting a name with it ninja. I mean chuck. Just kidding. Dave

Brother I learned the hard way. For a while I refused to even try auctions cause I never could win. Now I just wait till 20sec or so left. And with auto bid it's hard to even ninja swipe .

ninja swipe? too bad for you, i wait till 5 seconds left and chuck norris your ninja:roflmao:

Brother I learned the hard way. For a while I refused to even try auctions cause I never could win. Now I just wait till 20sec or so left. And with auto bid it's hard to even ninja swipe .

I don't think of it as a contest. I decide how much the thing is worth to me and set my maximum bid for that. If someone outbids me it was worth more to him then to me so he gets it. I find it slightly irritating to have to wait to the end of the auction to find out that I've been outbid, but that's minor.

Yea I have been chuck norrised and ninja swiped but that's the fun of it.

Your right, it aint. Thats why I dont bid early and run prices up. I bid late, with auto bid. I will either win or your gonna pay more then I am willing to.

If your max aint higher then mine, what would it matter if I bid 2 weeks out or 5sec left, your not winning.

I just dont leave room for you to reconsider your max. Where as 2 folks with auto bid bidding with 3 days left can manage to run the price right to peak value in less then 60sec.

Back