Got a DRO for my Busy Bee DF-1224G

Dr.Fiero

Active User
Registered
Just arrived via DHL today!

Unit itself is pretty nice. Big bright LED display. Sent a european cord with it, how nice (oh well - only have about 100 of the right one!).
Got the 3 axis version, so I'll just pretend the "Z" is "X2" on the compound.

Found a bunch of random pics all over the net of how people have mounted theirs. Gave me lots of ideas.

I'll post some pics later - want to go 'try it on for size' now!

The manual that came with it. O...M...G... !!!
I have NEVER read/seen one this poorly translated! Some pages, it's just total gibberish.
It's like someone who didn't read a word of english did the proof reading.

I actually emailed them and offered to translate it for them!!

I'm going to pretty much have to GUESS and experiment at how to use half of the functions, the book is SO bad.

I'll scan and post a couple of the worst offending pages if anyone wants a laugh!

Cool, hopefully it's easy to install without clear instructions. If it came with a european cord - is the voltage adjustable?

Yeah, I got a little worried on the input power! Then remember that it's got a universal switched supply in it, so it's good for 85-240V, 50 or 60hz!

There are no install instructions with it (that I can tell?!). Heck, the whole last 6 pages could be! :D

I'm going off the principal that a picture says a thousand words (in any language), so the pics I robbed off the net are going to have to do.

03.jpg08.jpgIM00017020Small.jpg

No idea who's they are. But at least I've got a decent view of each axis and how 'someone' did it!

03.jpg 08.jpg IM00017020Small.jpg

If your looking for additional pictures go to DRO PROS, they have a lot of pictures of installations of their dro's.

If your looking for additional pictures go to DRO PROS, they have a lot of pictures of installations of their dro's.

Thanks! Had never heard of them before.

Lots of install ideas to steal... errr, I mean borrow there. ;)

I just uploaded a PDF of the manual that was included with it.

It's hilarious! Read pages 1 & 49 (best of the worst I could find).
Look under 'electrical manuals' in the downloads section.

Well, got a few other things done, and finally got around to (start) installing it.
For the moment, it's only a 1 axis DRO, but all in due time...

IMG_2063.JPGIMG_2064.JPGIMG_2062.JPG

Display has a condom over it of course, to keep splash off it. It's mounted to the wall - my thinking is to keep the vibration out of it.
The cover over the scale is the one that came with it, but modified (of course!). Like the hold down knobs? Ikea drawer pulls - on sale! $0.59 Hehehe.

Easy install (for this axis anyhow!), and seems to work quite well!

Biggest trouble I'm having at this point, is interpreting the manual. It really looks like it was machine translated, since so many things look very literal.
(ever hear about how Coke was loosing business like crazy in China? Turns out that "Coke adds life" when poorly translated came out as "Coke brings your grandparents back from the dead")

I'd really just like to turn on the diameter vs. radius mode! The rest is all fluff for right now.

IMG_2063.JPG IMG_2064.JPG IMG_2062.JPG

Back