Good Samaritan day

Scruffy

Active User
Registered
. Last Friday March 10 th my 80 year old mother went to the mailbox, probably 50 yrd's from their house. She got the mail, and noticed the news paper had been blown by the wind to the other side of the road.
She went to get it and as she bent over to pick it up, she either slipped or fell forward into the road ditch which is about 5 ft deep . She ended up head first in about 6 ins of water and snow. Temp was about 35 degrees.
My 84 yr old father didn't' know she had went outside, if it wasn't for our rural mail carrier I don't if she would be alive today.
He was on his way back to town and noticed a coat in the ditch in front of mom and dads and think it looked right. He stopped and found my mom. He called 911 , went up to their house and and alerted my father who uses a walker . Donnie, the mail man got a blanket and cover mom up till the squad got their.
She broke her right arm, up by her shoulder very badly but it could have been worse.3 days later and she's home.
Here's a big Cheer for the ones no one thinks about.
Please escuse my spelling and glamour, I had a bad head injury 5 yrs ago.
Thanks scruffy. Ron

Scruffy, glad to hear that things worked out so well. Somebody was watching out for your mom, for sure.

Back