Good quality fasteners

Jonathans

Professional Fish Killer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I am looking to set up an inventory of fasteners in my shop so I don't need to run to the hardware store every time I need something. I never get out of the store with just what I went there for in the first place!
So, for hex head cap head screws for example, can I get a few recommendations for suppliers of good quality fasteners?

Holokrome from Msc.com or general import; BoltDepot.com
Msc has good prices and you can buy 25 or 100 lot packs. Fastenal wants too much money.

Holokrome makes the best SHCS I've seen yet. Not flat point though, they don't make them.

McMaster Carr.
Buy longer and cut to length when needed for less common sizes. Buy various lengths for sizes that are commonly used (1/4 20).
You have to realize you have all the head types too. Socket, cap, button, flat, (old fillister).

So, for hex head cap head screws for example, can I get a few recommendations for suppliers of good quality fasteners?

You can't go wrong with McMaster-Carr. I buy all of my screws there and they are always of excellent quality.

I would second McMaster-Carr if you're in the US. in Canada I would look at a local supplier

Thanks everyone. I'll check all of those out.

[]
Add Micro Fasteners to the list. Quality fasteners from 0 to 1/4-20 . I have both standard and metric screws and bolts . Some are in packages of 25 , 50, 100 or plastic boxes of assorted sizes. Very reasonable and fast shipping. You can check on prices at their website.
mike

Back