Good Bandsaw Blade???

Kroll

Active User
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Guys I have a Powermatic 143 thats for cutting metal which I have a cheap blade on it thats 1/2 wide maybe 10TPI and it has made it through afew projects.For the most part I use it for ripping using a fence from 16ga up to 1/2 so far and no contouring.I was told several yrs ago that its hard for a blade to cut thin metal cause the blade has to have several teeth in the material at one time. (I don't remember why)Don't laugh but I watch American Hotrod and they cut thin metal using a BS,so why can't I:LOL:
Guys what kind/brand blade do ya'll use on your 14" bandsaw that you get your moneys worth out of it,and from where?No one around me sales a blade that fits a PM so I will have to order it off the net,so if you have a linky that would be nice.Thanks ----kroll

A Lenox blade is your best bet IMHO. Try bandsawbladesdirect.com. I think they have a 18 TPI wavy blade that should do nicely.

John

Bimetal is the way to go and if youre cutting a mix of different thicknesses of material you might consider a variable pitch blade. 3 teeth in contact with the work is a general rule but the speed of your blade has a lot to do with it too as does how fast you are feeding. If you call a local supplier, tell them what saw you have and what you are cutting. they will overload you with information.

A Lenox blade is your best bet IMHO. Try bandsawbladesdirect.com. I think they have a 18 TPI wavy blade that should do nicely.

John

i'm going to echo jgedde with vote#2 for lennox 18tpi they're excellent blades,
a little pricey but you do get what you pay for.

John

i'm going to echo jgedde with vote#2 for lennox 18tpi they're excellent blades,
a little pricey but you do get what you pay for.

what is a wavy blade?
I have a starett bi metal on my 14" delta, it cuts OK, but seems pretty slow. Forget the TPI, might me multi TPI.
Wonder if one of the lennox 18 tpi would do better?
Is the lennox 18 tpi wavy blade you speak of a bi-metal blade?
I need it in a 93 1/2"

Thinking about this one, it's the only one they have in less than 3/4"

Diamaster 2.JPG

Back