Golf balls

Leggman

Registered
Registered
A couple of years ago I got the golfing bug and bought a box full (200) of used golf balls on ebay. While quickly discovered I was not the next Tiger Woods My golfing career came to a halt as quick as it started.
Point being I now have a box full of dimpled knobs to use on equipment around the house and shop.
Am I the only one crazy enough to do this or are there other deranged minds out there? IMG_20170503_1620447_rewind.jpg IMG_20170503_1620543_rewind.jpg IMG_20170503_1621187_rewind.jpg

I like it. do they stay in place good?

I have used golf balls but someone told me that it was dangerous to drill them. Anybody know anything about that? One of my neighbors sends them to my property on a regular basis. I have a collection I would like to use for handles but I'm not sure if it is safe.

Had a cannon that fired them when I was 16.
Put a hole in 14 Ga CRS at 50 feet.
Be safe. Have fun.

I have heard that the liquid center ones are dangerous to drill. I have never had any problems with standard ones. I too favor golf balls for handle ends.

Randy

I'm no golfer but when I was a kid I used to take golf balls apart. Now mind you the this was 60+ years ago just after we got rid of them pesky dinosaurs.
Many of the balls had a liquid center encased in a rubber ball and then wrapped in miles of tiny rubber string and then the outer jacket with all the dimples
in them. I understand that now days a lot of them are one solid core with a wrapper. If you drilled a hole in the ones with the liquid t would be sorta messy.
I'd sure rather bump into a golfball on the end of a protruding rod than the end of the protruding rod itself.

And my cannon was 50 caliber that we shot army surplus 50 cal shells out of. Couldn't aim the thing worth a dang though.

CHuck the grumpy old guy

Back