Glue together light weight rimfire AR barrel

I am curious what kind of lock tite did you use and what was the recommended fit between the aluminum and steel, do you go for a press fit or do you leave room for the lock tite?

So are the available aluminum 22lr AR barrels not legal in unlimited?

I have a tac sol Aluminum / 22lr sleeve. That shoot great.

Im still a bit old scool.
Im only 52 and enjoy sooting my 1942 Rem 513 T wiith redfield match sights more than my “modern” 22s.
It holds better groups too.

I am curious what kind of lock tite did you use and what was the recommended fit between the aluminum and steel, do you go for a press fit or do you leave room for the lock tite?
I called the application & engineering department at Loc-tite, described what I wanted to do, the guy on the other of the phone never even hesitated as he said " we recommend 648, used to hold barrel liners in , leave .002 clearance, surface finish, not to rough, not to smooth, surface finish is not critical, you just don't want a mirror smooth, or a brick sidewalk, degrease with a non residue cleaner, assemble & leave set for 24 hours. Once you slide the parts together, you have about 3 mins before the Loc-tite starts to cure.

So are the available aluminum 22lr AR barrels not legal in unlimited?

I have a tac sol Aluminum / 22lr sleeve. That shoot great.

Im still a bit old scool.
Im only 52 and enjoy sooting my 1942 Rem 513 T wiith redfield match sights more than my “modern” 22s.
It holds better groups too.
Yes the aluminum barrels are legal, but with the $300 plus dollar price tag, I cannot justify that kinda price, when I have all the material to do the job. I have all the skills to do the job. I have all the machinery todo the job.
This barrel job was most satisfying.
At 54 I'm old skool as well, my Anschutz or my 540XR (not to mention my AR's) are far more enjoyable to shoot. I broke my right wrist in 94 and ever since, a conventional wood stock rifle hurts my wrist to shoot.

Yes the aluminum barrels are legal, but with the $300 plus dollar price tag, I cannot justify that kinda price, when I have all the material to do the job. I have all the skills to do the job. I have all the machinery todo the job.
This barrel job was most satisfying.
At 54 I'm old skool as well, my Anschutz or my 540XR (not to mention my AR's) are far more enjoyable to shoot. I broke my right wrist in 94 and ever since, a conventional wood stock rifle hurts my wrist to shoot.
I get it , I might do that myself if I had all the equipment. Although at 52 Im getting “lazy”
Rather but the barrel spin it on and go shoot, lol

Back