Getting A Better View

master of none

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Hi,I saw this some where maybe on here not sure but any way I mounted a back up camera on my Grizzly 10" x 22" Lathe at the Back Splash right by the Chuck, the reason for this is so I could lathe & hammer 009.jpg lathe & hammer 011.jpg get a closer look at what I'm doing and I thought it was a cool idea.Well the road to Hell is paved with good intentions the camera is a little to small but it works good so now I'll just get a bigger camera and it should be fine and also when I replaced the way cover on my Grizzly mini mill I had a little left over so I used it to cover the ways and it works great,well that's it. Rick

Thats an interesting idea! In fact, I would see a setup similar to this on a mill. Why? To facilitate reading of the dial when indicating and it is facing the other way. Instead of stretching your neck and try reading an approximate value.

That or a coax of course

That's a good idea the post I saw this in he was using this to see the threads when he was making bolts.There are numerous use's for this. Rick

Hi,I saw this some where maybe on here not sure but any way I mounted a back up camera on my Grizzly 10" x 22" Lathe at the Back Splash right by the Chuck, the reason for this is so I could View attachment 123199 View attachment 123200 get a closer look at what I'm doing and I thought it was a cool idea.Well the road to Hell is paved with good intentions the camera is a little to small but it works good so now I'll just get a bigger camera and it should be fine and also when I replaced the way cover on my Grizzly mini mill I had a little left over so I used it to cover the ways and it works great,well that's it. Rick

I feel "dumber than dirt!" It just dawned on me that there is a camera on the tool post hooked up to what looks like an IPad. I thought it was the acrylic chip shield you were showing! Guess I should start learning to read the material that goes along with the pic. "Nobody told me I had to be smart just willing!" Nice addition.

I probably should have been a little more clearer , and the whole thing cost me about 25 or 30 dollars can't remember but thanks for looking, Rick

Back