George Gorton Rotary Table

Kevin45

Active User
Registered
I recently did some trading for a larger rotary table and got a 6" George Gorton Rotary Table in with the larger one. I have never saw one like it before. It tilts, and it rotates only by hand and not by a crank like most. There is vernier marks stamped on the side for setting the rotational degrees, but under the main plate, there is a smaller aluminum round plate with just one mark on it and a loose lever that is sharpened that will drop into the scribed mark. I did a search and have not found anything on it at all. So my question is....can someone tell me something about it, and is it mossing something or is this not technically a rotary table per se, but just a table that you can change angles on for milling and drilling, if that makes sense?

I forgot to mention that when the lever is dropped into the scribed mark, the table is set at 296 degrees on the vernier scale.

DSCF4923.JPG DSCF4922.JPG DSCF4921.JPG DSCF4920.JPG DSCF4919.JPG

Thanks for the link Richard. I found it in one of their accessory catalogs. The technical name of it is a " 6" Universal Circular Table". What's missing off of the one I have is the paper band(s) that go around the piece of aluminum that has the scribed line it it.

page21_screen.jpg

page21_screen.jpg

Thanks to you also KMoffett. You replied while I was typing my reply.

Thanks again all!!

Back