Gcode question

bpimm

Active User
Registered
I'm trying to use a G52 code to cut multiple slots, it is putting the slots in the correct locations but it's not leaving the Zaxis up at the safe Z to move form slot to slot. I set it to +.100 before returning to the main program and the next G52 command contains the Z0.100 command as well but it retracts at the end of the subprogram but drops back down before it moves to the new location. I have successfully used this command before, I think, but I can't seem to get it to work today.

What am I missing?

I had to rename the nc file to a txt file to get it to upload.

All help and ideas are appreciated even a better way to do this...

Attachments

• touch switch mount.nc.txt
    3.2 KB · Views: 9
Add notes to the code so that you know what each line is doing in the program, (note) will often do this but not with every control.

This makes it much easier in the future to figure out what you intended, for instance.

N10 G0 X-.500 Y-.500 Z.100 (rapid to start position) this tells you what the line does.

I do that more as time goes on and my crs keeps getting worse. unfortunately the code I think I did this on has somehow disappeared.......

I finally got Meshcam to work by fiddling with the tolerances, it doesn't seen to like cutting slots that are close to the tool width.

Thanks and yes I have some notes in it, mainly describing blocks of code.

I do that more as time goes on and my crs keeps getting worse. unfortunately the code I think I did this on has somehow disappeared.......

I finally got Meshcam to work by fiddling with the tolerances, it doesn't seen to like cutting slots that are close to the tool width.

Thanks and yes I have some notes in it, mainly describing blocks of code.
Lie to it when needed, I run a Bridgeport lathe where the canned cycles have undercut protection, a program will not run if it detects an undercut of any kind including a typo of -1.0001 when it should be -1.0000, the -.0001 is an undercut.
For example this machine will not turn a ball or ball socket in one canned cycle, if programmed as 2 halves of the ball with 2 programs it works just fine. This feature makes it difficult to crash which is probably a good thing.

Back