• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Gator's Wayback Machine

grumpygator

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Administrator
Since I don't sleep much anymore I just get up and log on till I get tired and try again...Me YouTube and a few other sites have become good friends during the wee hours of the morning...I'm going to start posting links to some of the machinery oreiented sites and films I come across starting as far back as I can...Here is the first one...
Hope ya like it...**G**

Silverbullet

YUPP join the sleepless old man's club , being bed bound for almost two years , gives me night to day body clock reversal I call it. Times I don't sleep for a couple days then sleep all day and up all night. Most I know is from not working in my shop to work the body to need sleep.

4gsr

HM Chief Foreman
Staff member
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Alright now, you got me hooked on watching these things. Not getting any work done.

savarin

Active User
I wish my castings came out like that and I wish I owned one of those bikes. But not the last one.

brino

Active User
Thanks 'Gator, lots of great tools and history in there!
-brino

eugene13

I like your sites, nothing more interesting than watching history

Buffalo20

There is a video of the Germans, stick welding, U-Boats together in 1913. Very interesting.

Bob Korves

H-M Supporter - Premium Member
Sad to see those old bombers go to die. People who restore them, like the Confederate Air Force, probably cry freely seeing all those good old birds melted into ingots. It is amazing what we can achieve in war time that we cannot during peace.

dlane

Active User
Seems Arizona has lots of aircraft graveyards, when I lived there Tucson I worked close to Davis monthan afb, miles of mothballed aircraft all types

grumpygator

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Administrator
Sadly most of the older war birds are gone..Turned into ingots...Sad end for those that made it through too the end ...Just Saying...**G**

Dan_S

Active User
Gator search for "Victory at Sea", you can probably find it on YouTube and it's a multi-part miniseries about World War II.

grumpygator

Gatekeeper
Staff member
Administrator
I got that on VCR tapes...Remember watching it in the 60's on black and white TV...As I get older I realize that I have to look both ways ...Forward to the new way of doing things compared to the way I was taught...I will always be open to learning new ways of doing things but remain pretty mule-headed about change...Case in point I have two sets of digital verniers but I don't trust them I always reach for my manual set and still check with my mics for final cut...Still, don't own a "Smart Phone" and have no idea how to "Text"...I ride around in a naturally aspirated -non-computerized Toyota pick up or my Harley Shovelhead...I enjoy what I do or I don't do it...I freely pass on my knowledge to those who wish to learn and hope they share it with those who come along after us...That's the way I am, take it or leave it...
***Gator***

Container Above bottom breadcrumb