GAS POWERED ICE CREAM MAKER

RIMSPOKE

Registered
Registered
MY FIRST GAS POWERED ICE CREAM MAKER WAS A BIG MACHINE WITH A
1915 SPOTLESS HIT-N-MISS MOTOR THAT DROVE TWO 5 GALLON WHITE MOUNTAIN FREEZERS
BACK TO BACK WITH A FLATBELT AND SPLIT DIFFERENTIAL DRIVE .

DSC_0276.JPG

WE MADE ICE CREAM AT FESTIVALS FOR A COUPLE OF YEARS BUT I ENDED UP SELLING IT .

I MISS MAKING ICE CREAM SO I DECIDED TO BUILD A TABLE TOP VERSION AS ONE OF MY WINTER PROJECTS .

THIS ONE HAS A 6 QUART WHITE MOUNTAIN FREEZER RUN BY A 1947 BRIGGS WMB ENGINE .
THE WMB WAS DESIGNED FOR USE ON A WASHING MACHINE .

THE KICK START , HORIZONTAL SHAFT AND V-BELT DRIVE MAKE IT A GOOD CHOICE FOR
RUNNING A FREEZER . THE JACK SHAFT WILL STEP THE SPEED DOWN TO ABOUT 60rpm .

DSC_0270.JPG

I remember making ice cream with my Grandparents, yum! Tried a couple times and never had the same results. Grandpa used a big old electric drill with the side handle set over one of his shed door pins ( kept door from blowing out at the bottom) and we just had to stand there and watch. Miss those days.

Watched one that used an old hit n miss engine a few year ago at a deal the put on for wounded warriors each year. it was a small thing compared to what you pictured. But it worked and was fun to see

Neat stuff. There is a gent that frequents the apple festival in Hendersonville NC and the WNC fair in Asheville with a hit/miss engine driven ice cream maker. He makes apple flavored ice cream. I know it sounds odd but honestly it is quite good. I look for his booth and family at both events.

Very neat! Had a 3Hp John Deere Hit-n-miss and also a Maytag motor. Great application for both!

Back