Ganesh GT1340 acquired

T. J.

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I got double lucky at an auction last week. I consigned the Enco 12x36 that I have been messing with on & off for a couple years. It was OK, but I just wasn’t super happy with it. It brought a fair price.

More importantly though, I came home with some new iron. As the title suggests, it is a Ganesh GT1340. I was unfamiliar with the brand, so I did some research. It is made in Taiwan and imported by Expand Machinery and seems to be fairly well regarded on the other forums. Anybody here have any experience with Ganesh?

It had come from a trade school that was divesting some manual machines to make room for more CNCs. It looks to be well maintained (as were all of the other machines from that school). It did require some cleaning, as the cutting oil had really stuck to that white paint! Here it is after cleaning and being set in place.

IMG_2209.jpeg

On a somber note, I did also have to say goodbye to the old Logan/Wards lathe that has served me so well. I’m super pumped to have this new machine with its extra size and capability though. I am pleasantly surprised by how quiet and smooth running it is. I haven’t made any chips yet, as I’m waiting for some D1-4 back plates to come in to adapt to some chucks that I already had in hand. I am also missing some of the change gears, so I’ve reached out to the company to see about replacements.

Stay tuned!

Nice looking clean machine . :encourage:

Back