Gage block set

Twalther

Registered
Registered
Been looking on the bay for a set of gage blocks, and I see a lot of them are incomplete. What on earth do people do with them?

How nice of a set do you want?
Quite some time ago I picked up a set of mint condition DoAlls without a box.
I found on Ebay a worn set of Doalls in a good box and some missing. I now use the mint ones only for inspection.
I could sell you this incomplete set of scratched DoAlls (no box), or the import set I've been using at machines. You are not far away.
My plan was was to someday pick up a DoAll set missing the gages I've got and offer the balance here if someone has gages missing.
Advise if you are interested.

I know that I need to be very intentional about returning them to the box or they get dropped into a chip pan. I've had to dig a few out....

Daryl
MN

Hi Daryl; I really do not need a real good set just something that is not all rusted and beat up. What would you need for the imports? Any photos?

Tom.

How nice of a set do you want?
Quite some time ago I picked up a set of mint condition DoAlls without a box.
I found on Ebay a worn set of Doalls in a good box and some missing. I now use the mint ones only for inspection.
I could sell you this incomplete set of scratched DoAlls (no box), or the import set I've been using at machines. You are not far away.
My plan was was to someday pick up a DoAll set missing the gages I've got and offer the balance here if someone has gages missing.
Advise if you are interested.

I know that I need to be very intentional about returning them to the box or they get dropped into a chip pan. I've had to dig a few out....

Daryl
MN

Been looking on the bay for a set of gage blocks, and I see a lot of them are incomplete. What on earth do people do with them?
You have never worked in a job shop have you? They get lost by being dropped in the coolant drain, placed in an employees tool box, damaged by a tool, lost under a work bench or just generally lost.

Many employees do not treat Company owned tools as they would their own let alone the high standards of a hobbyist. Buy a used set and replace the missing ones, high end gauge blocks last a very long time.

The best test is if they will wring, if so the surfaces are in good shape.

Twalther,
Let me know next time you get the metro.
We will work out a very fair price on some gage blocks.
We can also spend some time at the inspection table or other machine if you'd like.
I don't have any answers. However, you might find my questions helpful.
Meanwhile I'll watch for another box for my well used DoAlls. They simply aren't use-able out of an old cardboard box.

Daryl
MN

Back