G4003g Vs G0750g Machines

jjtgrinder

JJTGRINDER
H-M Supporter Gold Member
Comparing the specs there are differences , first thing that jumps out ids the weight of the 4003 is about 140 lbs heavier? I would like to know is this because of heavier bed casting? please commment on other considerations.

Only thing weight-wise I can think of is the "totally enclosed gearbox" on the 750G. BTW, the G0750G does fewer threads than the G4003G and you also need to change gearing, whereas the G4003G you don't because of the quick change gear box. The 4003G you would need to change gears for metric, IIRC.

Yes, that's why I'm liking the 4003 better, it's heavier and the features look better.

I had looked at both of these lathes a few years ago, the G0750G and the G4003G, the latter is much more common and nice with the D1-6 bore. Was very little information on the G0750G when I was looking, although there is a nice review on the G0750G on YouTube. But it seems some people have more issues with surface finish/vibration and motor issues with both of these models. I have seen a lot of these Grizzly motor go bad for various reasons, and have helped a few individuals switch them over to VFDs. I ended up getting a PM1340GT, and was seriously looking at the Eisen 1236GH which is very similar. I had some quality issues with other Chinese machines and decided to go to the next step up in machine, and have been very pleased with the Taiwanese machines. If it was only a choice between the two Grizzly models, probably go G4003G. But I would seriously look at the Eisen 1236GH as it is on sale with a DRO and comes pretty close cost wise to the G4003G.
https://eisenm.com/collections/feat...th-dro-stand-made-in-taiwan-single-phase-220v

I wanted the enclosed gearbox three years ago. The number of thread choices didn't bother me because the thread choices that I thought I would need we're there. To date, it has been a great machine. Only time I have needed to change gears was cutting metric threads.

The G4003G actually has a D1-5 spindle. The thing with the vibrations can be easily rectified with these isolation mounts from McMaster and using link type belts from Harbor Freight. Just by doing the iso mounts alone totally cuts out that vibration.

Yep, sorry about that, still D1-5 is pretty big for this size machine.

Can someone tell me how high the stands are, specs say 15 inches. Actually think they are 30". I don't know if that is just the stand or the stand in a cardboard box.

The stands are about 29 1/2 " high. Mine come in at about 32" with the extensions I added for stability and ease of leveling.

Support%201.jpg
Support%205.jpg

Back