G4003g Arrived Today

On my G4003G I welded on some angle iron to widen the footprint and make it easier to align the bed. BTW, the rubber feet didn't work out so I made adjustable steel feet which were much better.

View attachment 119510 View attachment 119511 View attachment 119512

I like it. I was thinking of running the supports perpendicular to yours and have them extend behind the stand 12 inches or so. I don't have any angle iron big enough, so i was thinking of building a 'sled' out of 2 pieces of square tube and 14 gauge sheet metal underneath..and the stand would sit on the 14 gauge. I would also weld the side of the stand to the channel (if there is anything significant to weld to.

Your angle iron idea may be better though.

What was the problem with the rubber feet? Too mushy?

Wow, I just used a caliper to measure the steel bars that run along the bottom of the stands. I got .470 inches. Factoring in paint thickness, I bet the steel is around 3/8"-7/16" thick. Side walls of the stand seem to be somewhere around 3/16" thick.

The stand's footprint is a little bit small, but if you ignore the cheap door on it, Grizzly did not cheap out on this stand. I am actually impressed.

---Aaron

I like it. I was thinking of running the supports perpendicular to yours and have them extend behind the stand 12 inches or so. I don't have any angle iron big enough, so i was thinking of building a 'sled' out of 2 pieces of square tube and 14 gauge sheet metal underneath..and the stand would sit on the 14 gauge. I would also weld the side of the stand to the channel (if there is anything significant to weld to.

Your angle iron idea may be better though.

What was the problem with the rubber feet? Too mushy?

Yeah, too mushy. It was hard to determine how much weight each was carrying and even after I finally got it aligned, the next time I checked it the thing had changed. I made some steel feet and it has stayed in alignment for 2 years now. I just checked it last week with a shiny new test bar.. I used a DC stick welder with 6010 rod for the angle iron. For the paint I just went to Home Depot and picked what looked close. It looks like an exact match in the pictures but there's a slight difference in person.

Back