G1007 Problem With X Leade Screw

Grizzly will be my first call. Back when this mill was a few months old, the power switch went south. It took them weeks to get one. I understood at the time that they finally cannibalized a new mill to get one.
This is why I'm looking for other potential sources.

Ok. Got the table off. Had to take the Y axis off as well to get the nut off as it bolts on from the bottom. It indeed is one piece, brass, and has very bad threads. Almost nonexistent threads at this point. I don't think it was getting much if any lube. I'm going to have to make a practice of running the table to each extreme, and lube as far in as I can reach in both directions.
Anyway, the part is in stock in MO and getting shipped out next day air today. Supposed to have it before noon tomorrow.
Thanks to all for the assistance. BTW, the table definitely weighs more than the vise! Probably 100+lb.

Well, it's all back together and runs just dandy. It was a real adventure getting there. We installed the nut, which is sort of an inverted T with threads cut in it. The base of the bracket bolts to the Y axis from underneath we bolted it on and installed the leade screw. We placed that assembly back on the mill base. Big mistake but I'll get to that in a minute. We then set the table back on and tried to bolt the bearings on. No go. Way out of alignment. After talking to Grizzly, and not getting any real help, we took the X table and Y casting off together. That, folks, was a chore. Had to have weighed at least 150 lb. Anyway, we got it turned up on the front edge and were able to loosen the bracket bolts for the nut. We then bolted the screw bearings in place and then retightened the two bolts that hold the nut. The. We had to take the bearings back loose so we could slide the table to one side and access the one bolt which retains the Y axis nut. Then we held our collective breath and reinstalled the screw bearings. Everything lined up and ran butter smooth after we installed and adjusted the gibbs. Reinstalled the power feed, hooked up the DRO's, set the 80# vise back in place, and took a few trial cuts with a fly cutter. Worked like a champ. The whole thing probably wouldn't have been so bad on a smaller machine. While the 1006/7 is a round column mill/drill, it's a big heavy duty model. The table is something on the order of 8X32. I'm 68 YO, 5'6" or so, and weigh 130 soaking wet. My helper is a little younger and a little bigger, but he has back and hip problems. Quite a project for two worn out old men. If, God forbid, this should ever happen again, I'll probably just buy a new mill!
I wish I had taken some pictures so I could illustrate this better. If anyone reads this in the future because they need to do the same thing, contact me by email and set up a phone call so I can explain the procedure in detail.

Back