G0759 Delivery Not Expected Until October 6th

That is true! You had a very long wait for your machines.

Bill

Yep. Speaking of that, I just realized that I haven't seen much of Ray C. on the forum lately. I know he got involved in a few of the topics that seemed to get a little heated talking about the wait for PM machines but I hope I didn't offend him or upset him but I haven't seen him posting much lately.

Wonder why?

Grizzly has the G0704 in stock, same mill no DRO. There are cheap dro's out there now.

Grizzly has the G0704 in stock, same mill no DRO. There are cheap dro's out there now.

Excellent point. I am thinking about ordering one instead of the G0759. My original goal was to be able to do some small scale old school milling and then saw the DRO offered on the G0759. I think it's time to go back to plan A.

Steve

I just ordered a G0759 and received a call from customer service saying that they will not have my order ready to ship until December :angry: This is my first mill, so I am getting all the tooling ordered and reading through the manual. I am also spending a lot of time here reading as much as I can.

I just ordered a G0759 and received a call from customer service saying that they will not have my order ready to ship until December :angry:
G0759 is a new version of this mill for Grizzly this year. They often have supply problems with new catalog machinery items, although usually that is only for 5 or 6 months, not the entire year.

G0759 is a new version of this mill for Grizzly this year. They often have supply problems with new catalog machinery items, although usually that is only for 5 or 6 months, not the entire year.

I guess that means that the machine is popular, which is a good thing. I have already ordered some replacement gears in case I chew one up learning how to use the mill. I also ordered plans from Hoss to convert to belt drive. I do not plan on converting to CNC. I would rather save my money up to get a lathe so I can try my hand at turning some gun barrels.

And Grizzly said about the early July orders:

Thank you for your email dated September 22, 2014.
We are happy to assist you. After reviewing your order, I have found that the G0759 is expected to arrive in our warehouse on approximately November 7, 2014. Once received, backorders are processed and shipped to arrive in approximately three to five business days. We do fill backorders first. We will ship your complete order as soon as everything you requested is available.
If we may be of any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact us. You are a valued customer, and we look forward to serving your future woodworking and metalworking needs.
Sincerely,

Abby
Grizzly Industrial, Inc.

Excellent point. I am thinking about ordering one instead of the G0759. My original goal was to be able to do some small scale old school milling and then saw the DRO offered on the G0759. I think it's time to go back to plan A.

Steve

Am considering the same thing - get the mill and add DRO myself.

Back