G0759 Delivery Not Expected Until October 6th

Fairbanks

Active User
Registered
For all of you that have ordered the G0759, I spoke with Grizzly today and was informed that they are expecting their shipment on October 6th. Kind of a bummer, but I'm so busy now I probably won't have time to play with it until the snow fly's.....

Has anyone hear otherwise?

Steve

:'( my birthday is october 17th so maybe i'll get a nice birthday present. My 0752 wasn't supposed to ship till october either. Sucks to spend two grand on tooling only to have it sit idle for 4 months. I've been thinking about learning welding, that might give me something to do in the meantime.

For all of you that have ordered the G0759, I spoke with Grizzly today and was informed that they are expecting their shipment on October 6th. Kind of a bummer, but I'm so busy now I probably won't have time to play with it until the snow fly's.....

Steve

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!
Not good news at all.

Oh well - good thing I found this down the street for $100
Really just wanted the bucket full of tooling, but what the he*ll - it was $100! LoL
photo 2.JPG

Will have to clean it up and occupy myself until mid October.

photo 2.JPG

are you talking about paying $ 100.00 for the mill/lathe combination ?

Yep - I gave $100 for the Central Machine (Harbor Freight) T5980 3in1 and bucket full of tooling (not in the photo)

As the story goes - one neighbor mentioned to another neighbor that I was buying a mill and neighbor "B" says "I have a mill he can have. The story came back to me eventually. So I went to see what it was. There on the bench under 10 years of dirt, dust, chips and oil sludge was the T5980. Looked used but not necessarily abused. Asked if it worked he started the mill - could tell right away the motor was shot (common problem with these - motor is in the column and overheats) He started the lathe and purred like a kitten. I wasn't terribly impressed with the machine to be honest. Then he started pulling out drawers showing me the tooling he had for it - my eyes lit up at that point, but was still thinking I was going to pass because I really didn't want the machine to be THE project. I asked how much - he said $100. Most will probably think I'm crazy but it still took me two weeks to decide I wanted it - so last Sunday I showed up at the house and handed him five twenties and a bottle of Crown Royal.

Although I really did the deal for the tooling - as I've been cleaning up the 3in1, I'm becoming more and more interested in it. New motors for these can be had all over the place, so I'll get an indicator on it in a minute to tram and see how it looks. Knowing what it is and what the limitations are, it still may have a home in the shop I'm putting together. So with more time until Grizzly gets G0759 ready to ship, it'll be something to work on.

I apologize if I hijacked the thread - was one of those crazy (if not hard to believe stories) that I thought was worth telling.

Last edited:
My lathe (G0752) is showing as available and there is a hold on my credit card!!! :)

Sounds exiting! It's great to get things earlier than promised! Did you talk to them yet?

This should keep me busy till the mill gets here :). Of course i need the mill to do the base for the QCTP :/

06cb4740e1aca245227409e877252891.jpg

Steve

We're starting to sneak up on October. Anyone have any news from Grizzly? Wondering if they are on track this time or if another delay is coming.

Back