[Newbie] G0752 Major Issue

A silly thought, you don't suppose that someone at the factory drilled the hold down bolts on the wrong side? Upside down in other words.
A nice try but the other side of a "good" 4 way is about .70" thicker. I gave a set of measurements to the OP but we haven't heard anything about what his measurements are. That would go a long way to identifying the problem.

We have a number of G0602/G0752 owners out there. How about some feedback from other owners regarding the suitability of the 4 way for their lathe and possibly some measurements. It may give him the ammunition he/she needs to deal with Grizzly.
Edit: The top side o .o70" thicker. I lost a zero. The bottom is .397" thick placing the top of a 1/2 tool bit at ,897"
Bob

Last edited:
It would be really interesting to get a measurement from the top of the compound to the lathe centerline.

It would be really interesting to get a measurement from the top of the compound to the lathe centerline.
Jim, I did that for mine, Back when I made the ball turning tool. I set top of the 1/2" tool bit on the centerline. I measured it at .927".

Jim, I did that for mine, Back when I made the ball turning tool. I set top of the 1/2" tool bit on the centerline. I measured it at .927".

I hope the OP will post his measurement, I would love to see to comparison. That would tell a lot. I'm wondering if his cross slide/compound is different or if the tool holder is different. That would make a huge difference in dealing with Grizzly if that's what he decides to do. There is some reference in a post above to some possible manufacturing differences in later lathes.

Could the machine be flexed enough to have the tool setting that high?

As to many answers in this post I have never had an issue with Grizzly tech support or their customer service. I to would call back and speak to a different person or some one higher up and I'm sure they will come up with a fix for the problem. What really seems odd is that the person who started this post has not returned to let others know what their outcome was with the problem. It is strange that sometimes people just leave an item hanging and not letting you know if any of your advice has paid off or not. Many have replied with good fixes for the problem and they don't seem to be all that hard to get the problem fixed. Hope the poster got the issue fixed. !!!!! Might be we will never know !!!!!

Last edited:
Back