G0752 Left Handed Threading

KeithK

Registered
Registered
Hi All
I'm new hear and am in the market for a new lathe and was considering the G0752 and wanted to know if it can make left handed threads?

Yes, you just need to start at the head stock and run the carriage toward the tail stock.

NO :blue: The G0752 / g0602 doesn't have a way to reverse the lead screw so you can0t cut left hand threads with it.

Hi All
I'm new hear and am in the market for a new lathe and was considering the G0752 and wanted to know if it can make left handed threads?
Keith, I built a reversing tumbler for the G0602 which is the non VFD version of the Go752 lathe.

Bob
ReversingTumbler .JPG

Thanks for the replies guys. I had a feeling when I was examining the gear box that the 752 wasn't able to cut left handed threads out of the box. Is there a lathe out there in the same price range the will cut left handed threads in the same price range and size? It's not a deal breaker especially since it will be a major upgrade and the 752 can be modified and I will be coming from HF 7 × 12.

Last edited:
Check this out
PM1022V & PM1030V they have reverse lead screw and power cross slide
Call and make sure that that is correct info with mat! The 10x30 would be the better deal.

Keith, I built a reversing tumbler for the G0602 which is the non VFD version of the Go752 lathe.

Bob
View attachment 107352[/QUOTE

RJ-
Do you have any more pics or drawing/details of your lead screw reversing tumbler setup? I've seen this done in various configurations by several people and I'm curious about yours.

Thanks

Rick

Back