1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Dismiss Notice

G0751 HD Drill Press

Discussion in 'GRIZZLY INDUSTRIAL INC.' started by jbolt, Jan 23, 2017.

1. jbolt

jbolt United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Mountain View
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

Anyone have any experience with one or know anyone who has?

I'm looking to upgrade from my Rutland bench-top drill press to a full size but I also need a small mill for doing second ops. I don't have room for both so this looks like it would fit my needs but I cannot find a single review or discussion.

I have previously owned a column head mill so I am aware of the pros & cons of that.

2. tmarks11

tmarks11 Active User Active Member

City:
    Port Orchard
    State:
    Washington

-Return to Top-

The one on the showroom floor at Grizzly looks very solid, well built. No experience operating one.

Do you find yourself needing a drill where you can swing the table out of the way for tall items? Something that wouldn't fit in a bench top drill press?

Just curious what would lead you to this instead of a (similarly priced) square column mill-drill?

3. jbolt

jbolt United States Active User H-M Supporter-Premium

City:
    Mountain View
    State:
    California

-Return to Top-

Thanks Tim. I need a larger drill press for tall items and a small manual mill for doing light machining and second ops on CNC parts. The problem is I am maxed out for room and can only fit one so this looks like a good compromise.