G0704 Runs Slow In Reverse.

You know I've got a 704 but on spindle break in I just took to 1k like the manual stated. Never thought about cranking it past. Heck maybe mine makes noises! I'll have to report back

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Yes, about 1/2 the speed when going in reverse on my G0704. I've read this is normal.

I recommend the 2 axis dro from ali express- it has worked well for me, arrived in a few days, and most importantly less than 250$. I know off topic, but great upgrade.

Yes, about 1/2 the speed when going in reverse on my G0704. I've read this is normal.

I recommend the 2 axis dro from ali express- it has worked well for me, arrived in a few days, and most importantly less than 250$. I know off topic, but great upgrade.
Thanks for the replys, seems that everything is normal about 1/2 speed in reverse.
I checked several u-tube videos as Ironken suggested and they referenced the slower speed in reverse.
DHJ

The rattle was likely due to an imbalance or harmonic vibration due to the chuck. If you lock the quill, you may find the rattle goes away. On my PM-30, my 3" facemill can cause some rattling at certain speeds if the quill is not fully retracted and locked.

I have a 704 and my speed tops out at around 1750 in high gear both directions. I never run that fast so the fact it can't hit 2250 is not important. Never pursued it with Grizzly

I have a 704 and my speed tops out at around 1750 in high gear both directions. I never run that fast so the fact it can't hit 2250 is not important. Never pursued it with Grizzly
Thanks for the replies, I can't imagine why I would need to run faster than 1150 rpms in reverse. The rattle isn't there under 1100 rpms or without the chuck. Don't think it will be a problem.
DHJ

Back