G0602 Motor Change?

The link you provided (the second one) is a nice motor. Are you aware that it uses 3 pahes power? Most home shops and residential areas donot have 3 phase power available. That would require you to have 3 phase brought into you shop (BIG $$$) or a phase converter (LESS BIG $$$). You might want to conside a similar sized single phase motor to avoid that expense if you had not planned for it or are not prepared to do the extra steps to get it going. Just a thought...
Bob

Bob, on the Related Products list, that page shows a 115V input VFD that would do the job nicely. The other link has another one.

Que, I have a lathe and one of my mills converted to 3-phase fed through a VFD. You will love it. I'd recommend adding a tachometer for easier setting, though.

Just wanted to make sure he knew that he needed that or 3 phase in his shop. It would be a drag to order, then find out you need to spend more money to make it work.
Bob

Thanks for the replies so far.

Yes sir a tach would be nice and is on the wish list also. Just need to figure things out best I can as I want to get it right the first time with limited down-time.

Well I hope that was about the best reasonably priced setup for my lathe. Ordered them yesterday.

Back