G&e Shaper Near Tulsa, Ok

cjtoombs

Active User
Registered
I ran across this and being a shaper nut thought someone else in that area on here might have some interest. I have the next earlier generation 16" G&E with a standard table and I can tell you, it's a beast. This one is the next newer version (started in 1929 or 1930, went I think untill 1940 or so). This one looks to have pressure feed oiling and, possibly, power rapid crossfeed. Powered rapid crossfeed has got the be the best invention ever on a shaper. It's a bit pricey right now, but if you watch and wait, the seller will eventualy come to the conclusion that shapers are not worth that much money. It's hard to say what shape it's in (punny, eh?) without looking closely at it, but given that it looks well used, it probably is. It does have the universal table, a vise and a toolholder, which help the value quite a bit. Bid accordingly.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/162326090291?ul_noapp=true

I've got the 24" sister to that little machine. I wish I had that vise. Mine was inadvertently sent to the scrapyard by the shop I loaned it to. So I'm stuck with a standard milling vise for now. I don't do a lot of rough work with the shaper, or even using a vise anyway, so it's not that big a deal, but it sure gripes me to have lost it the way I did.....helping someone else out.

G&E makes a good, solid machine. And I do make money when I use mine, contrary to the popular saying. It is just not used often.

Back