Friday morning at PaPa’s shop

It is a Deere. Model A. You start the engine by turning the big flywheel you see on the left, by hand. It has compression relief petcocks on each cylinder and cheater marks on the flywheel to tell you TDC and mag fire for the two cylinders, and handhold inside the rim of the flywheel.

Just a notice to your GC . All Friday mornings at the shop start out with Donuts , coffee and fresh juices . I will presume the picture was taken shortly thereafter Jeff . ;)
That sounds like a tradition we need to start around here!

It is a Deere. Model A. You start the engine by turning the big flywheel you see on the left, by hand. It has compression relief petcocks on each cylinder and cheater marks on the flywheel to tell you TDC and mag fire for the two cylinders, and handhold inside the rim of the flywheel.
Way cool!

It cool to hear them run too. sounds a lot like a twin cylinder hit and miss engine. That one looks like it could be a runner. It has the protective tin can on the exhaust to keep rain out of the cylinders. When you fire it up the first pop sends it flying way up in the air. I think it is like 300 cubic inch displacement engine with only 2 cylinders.

A depression era money savings built in feature carried on for years. The tank is actually two different ones, the small one is labeled gas, and the big one is labeled fuel. You start it on gas, and once warmed up you switch to fuel, which was called distillate and cost less than gas. My dad said they used to run that in their cars too, but you had to burn it out of the tank because it would not restart cold on that.

Pretty damn cute. You've got it made me amigo. Cheers, Mike

Back