Site Founder
Administrator

Attachments

• orkut_getwell_scraps_comments12.gif
    orkut_getwell_scraps_comments12.gif
    227.8 KB · Views: 103
Last edited by a moderator:
Nelson -

Thanks for your good wishes! Actually, I'd been reading this last week, but not contributing, mostly because I didn't have much to say. For the record, I'd like to recommend open heart surgery (in my case, bypass AND valve repair) for geezers like me, or any others who are about to drop from heart problems!

Three weeks post-op, I already feel better than before I went in, and at day twelve I started putting in a little time at work. I'm up to half time now, and loving it. So far I don't have energy enough left over for home shop stuff, but it's coming back fast.

Frank (67, going on 50)

Hey Frank,

The worst is over. Now you have to just deal with the rehab. Do as much of it as you can. I had quadruple bypass surgery @2 years ago. It was a miserable experience that I don't wish to repeat. But within 6 months I was back to normal and now I am in better shape than prior to the surgery. Hang in there, you will make it.

Randy

Come back soon Frank --- geez! do you have a counter on your site to keep track of how many hits you have got of the - gotta be - gazillions you have helped with your tips? I know I've picked up several.

Yeah, I been there too, tried to celebrate my 70th with quad bypass, no heart attack just went in to check for some blockage (thought he'd just do a couple stints, Hah!) and ended up a quad. That was no big deal, the bad was 5 days after the quad surgery, I had a ruptured colon and woke up with a baggie on! now that was no fun! Luckily it was reversible and 3 months later they removed the baggie, whew! I'll tak by pass any time over that. That was a little over a year ago and now I feel great - except for my ole friend Arthur-(itis)...

Mayhem link=topic=2538.msg17109#msg17109 date=1308801911 said:
You guys should be on a plumbing forum ;D

All the best for your recovery Frank. Good to see medical technology keeping you ol' boys going - I know you all have a ton more knowledge and stories to tell us. Hope to be hearing them for a lot longer.

It's more like a church. All of us get together, and it's an organ recital...

And my best to Frank, as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
You guys should be on a plumbing forum

I like to think more of an engine analogy. I got a valve job and a new fuel line for the ol' pump. . .

Back