Found the issue with my Burke #4

Charley, the Rockford is a good shaper from what I have read. My lathe is a Rockford, and very solidly built, if the shaper is anything like it, I would say it should serve you well. Sorry to Benny has been ailing, tell him I said Hi if you speak to him.
Good luck on the shaper!!!
Bob

Charley, Mine are V belts. Don't have a lot of tooling. Some cutters & end mills, 3c collets for the vertical head, several B/S collets for the spindle & one arbor, plus a 3" swivel base vise. Fellow member Jim B. showed an auxiliary t slot table that will bolt on the Burke table. He has one, looks very handy. Sold by littlemachineshop.com as their item #1661. Unfortunately it's out of stock or I would have one by now.
These mills are little work horses. Had one many years ago that I milled a 2" hex shape in 316 stainless with twin cutters in one swipe using power feed. Don't be afraid to work it, but bear in mind that it is a horizontal mill 1st. As a matter of principle, I would never mill vertically when the job could be done horizontally.

Last edited:
Nice piece of machinary! I have a opportunity to buy one of these but I think I may pass on it!

Dont care what anybody sez, flat belts are just too sexy. That machine is beautifull, did you restore it or did some one else?

Bob

Back