*** Found *** Mini-lathe Bed

When you get the extension project done post it on the forum. Extending the mini lathe is one of the best and most useful modifications I have seen.
Have a merry Christmas and Happy New Year. Not politically correct but I've never been politically correct.

Roy

That's ok....I don't follow political correctness anyway.....don't believe in it.

That sound great- I too am looking to extend my HF 7 x 10 mini-lathe bed. I too am hoping someone has one laying around that was left over after changing to the LMS extended bed. I'm not expecting handouts and will pay, if the price is low, for another 10 or 12 inch bed as I was thinking of bridging the two together. Is this a fool hearty approach, I wonder?

Tom,
That is what I am going to be doing soon. My 7x12 should end up a 7x20 if all works well. I will be taking mine apart this weekend and comparing some dimensions before I start cutting. I will start a post documenting the process as I get started.

Bill,
That very cool, great minds do think alike, I suppose. My idea is to extend the bed for a steady rest-to be used for cutting 2 to 3 inch diam alum tubing internal grooves or threads- for hobby rocket motors.
Tom

I only decided to do this because I needed a couple more inches in length to move my tailstock back to drill a part that didn't quite fit into the spindle hole. So it stuck out a ways. I ended up making a couple real short stub drills just to do the job.

Back