*** Found *** L00 Faceplate (<11" Dia)

100LL

Registered
Registered
Would like to pick up a L00 faceplate for my 11x36" RD Lathe.

L-00 face plates are scarce now days to find. I have one each for my two lathes with L-00 spindles. I wasn't planning on selling any of them, but on the other hand, what are you willing to pay for one? Taking a back plate and turning one into a faceplate might be your best bet. Let me know something, we might haggle over one of the one's I have.
Ken

i'm open to some horse trading, or just buying one from you. I would think the ideal size for my lathe would be a 10" faceplate. I have the smaller dog-driver plate that came with the lathe, but I can't imagine it being that great of a faceplate. Sure would be nicer to have the real-estate for clamping various odd pieces to.

i have some random things extra if you're in need (but I'm guessing you're already set up well beyond what I can offer). Along the way I've bought various lots that included things that I already have.

I'm just pecking away at my desk right now and I'm trying to remember all of them, and struggling. first thing comes to mind is I wound up with two Blake Co-Axial indicators. Also have some extra starrett & mitutoyo mics (i know, boring). what else....I do have a nice mill vice that's probably going to be way too big for my soon to be rockwell milling machine. Extra height gage. extra gages of all kinds really (depth, DTI, dial). Again, probably garden variety enough that you've got it all and have had it all for years, but who knows.

Have you tried E-bay? Search for L00 and you'll get some hits. They show up there from time to time.

yea, there's one on there for $265. Strikes me as a lot of money for what it is.

I have a 10" OD Bison chuck adapter on hand that I bought thinking of using it as a face plate. I have $150 tied up in it. If interested I may consider trade for one of your Blake indicators. Ken

DSCN3216.JPG DSCN3217.JPG

Matt at Lost Creek had the L00 tee channel faceplate and I went ahead and bought it.
Thanks for the pointer there Randy. And thanks for the Bison pics Ken.

Back