[found] Burke #4 Table

Better get on the stick. That is a VERY lucky find!!! Seems to have all the scraping marks underneath it. Hopefully these are accurate,and not a left over from someone trying to learn scraping. In any case I'd grab it. A few trips through a larger mill can get all accurate again,if needed. I had to have my #4 recut. It had gotten curved down from years of having T nuts tightened in the T slots. Had to be milled on top and all bottom surfaces.

Better get on the stick. That is a VERY lucky find!!! Seems to have all the scraping marks underneath it. Hopefully these are accurate,and not a left over from someone trying to learn scraping. In any case I'd grab it. A few trips through a larger mill can get all accurate again,if needed. I had to have my #4 recut. It had gotten curved down from years of having T nuts tightened in the T slots. Had to be milled on top and all bottom surfaces.

I been watching that table , but had another I was trying to get and went and got it today. I got a complete disassembled #4 mill. It is an early one serial #315. Has bronze bushings. The table is great and complete. I got the table , saddle, and it has a power feed. (early type but all will fit my machine. I got all the pulleys too , which I needed. Also got a box full of cutters and a set of 3c collets and a Burke table vise for $325

Last edited by a moderator:
Great ! I hope the table fits. I am not a Burke historian. Is the top surface convex?

Great ! I hope the table fits. I am not a Burke historian. Is the top surface convex?

It fits great. it is very flat. I stoned the surface lightly and it cleaned up nice all over. This was a better deal than the blank table on ebay, as I got the whole setup. The lead screw , handle, saddle, power feed unit and all the associated parts, the table, and the table is on my mill to check fit. I just put the whole assembly saddle and all on. I have to drill the holes out for the bronze nut on the saddle yet.

The bonus to this was , I got an original Burke swivel vise with the handle
Burke vise.jpg

I got this board of cutters. There are 46 cutters on this board!
cutters.jpg
I also got these cutters and a set of 3c collets which are mostly 32nd sizes that will fill the gaps in my set.
cutters 2.jpg
So all i all , I did pretty good. Got all the parts to fix my machine up and a bunch of tooling all for $325

I got the new table and saddle installed on my Burke mill. It works so much better. I had some trouble locating the holes for the saddle bronze nut, but finally got it.
My burke mill.jpg you can also see on the right in this photo, the new spindle and motor pulleys. They are next to install. Then I will set up the power feed.
My Burke mill 2.jpg

Back