Found a Machining Accessory

These Calculators are very handy and have been mentioned on this site before. I actually carry and sell them in my store.

Walter

Well I will love to have one.. just so that I have it.

Plus, as time goes, I will not have the laptop near the other computer. It will be nice to be able to verify things on it vs the computer.. the computer that will be running the mill will not be able to talk to the internet.

Doc

I purchased one several months ago and find it useful for doing math when adding numbers on blueprints / plans. And the cover is handier than I thought as you can close it and "toss it around" a bit in your toolbox without hurting it. Or at least so far...:thinking:

Windows Calculator will do all that if you change the view.

Understand that, in the OP, I stated that I will not always have the laptop up and running when using Mach3 on the other machine.. what I am saying is, that I will not be using other programs (except for what is really needed, ie D2nc dxf files). So having the calculator about would be a handy detail. Plus, does the Windows calculator have speeds and feeds in it?

Great idea, I'd seen those before but just never "bit". Well, I just ordered one. :thumbzup: I don't have a laptop or smart/cel phone that I can take out in to the shop. To date I've been using a #2 pencil and scratch pad but I'm pretty sure this little gadget will save enough in time to pay for itself fairly quickly.

Thanks much,

-Ron

I have an app on my smart phone. I have several useful apps. A compass to let me know if I am coming or going, bubble level, converter for all kinds of things, ruler or scale. scale for machine screw drill and tap info, protractor, another unit converter. Also it is something I carry every day. Unfortunately the smart phone is smarter than I am.

Thanks Doc, I look forward to trying it out.

Rockytime (and others), I hear a lot about apps used on the smart phones and such and I know about programs for the computer (Heck, I spent the last 25 out of the last 30 years as a computer programmer.) I guess my problem with these kind of devices in a shop (mine anyway) is the constant hazards to the devices themselves. Between hot metal flying everywhere, showers of oil and cutting fluids, and metal stock that isn't always placed where it should be I've got to believe that they are "living on borrowed time". If this calculator (which was built with these conditions in mind - one would hope anyway) somehow becomes part of the chip pile I'm only out seventy or so bucks, smart phone maybe three or four hundred. Laptops, of course, up the ante even more.

FWIW :biggrin:

-Ron

Back