For Those With A Fixed Income

Mark, you continue to inspire in your work you create out of the need for a project. May god bless you with many more years and improved health. Thank you.

My logic is simply put, when my father retired it worked. Now no way. When I retired and I know nothing about 401's wall st.
whatever. I took home $750 a week & plus. I saved about $80,000 this is 1999 into 2000. At that time it was ah so so. Then
home fuel shot to 4 bucks a gallon/ say what/ then every 3 months $4000 realestate taxes. My pension is $750 a month.
something wrong with my calculator the numbers don't fit. Then the kicker got to pay income tax: gotta buy cat food and I
deserve pizza and beer right. a modern vehicle OUT of the question; Just bought a 1946 Ford, that saves me $150 every two
weeks than my so called modern F350. As of now $1000 in savings **** in check book. Only way out, I sold all property to my
son for $1.00 who has a union state job big $$$ like I use to. So the son built me a new A/C shop pays all bills and I am
free.... Miss my 55' motor yatch twin 6-71's but 1200 gal of fuel, so, that's gone - marina pump diesel $450 a gal??
Old man rating again- been around seen it all and them brain dead politicians going to create jobs?? Do not believe that.
That can not be done unless you get rid of government-they are the brain deads that got this county in the tolet.
Don't believe me, then just try to start up a business or manufacturing plant now? all ya get is mostetoe lovers
enviorment lovers. Everybody moved out of here due to high taxes & oh, somebody dripped oil on the ground. I'm saying
all this property was built when-just build it like a barn back then, my kid built a 100x100 horse barn $4, 500 for a building
permit--ther ya go: you reading this Hillary: go do things you sa pose to do, wash windows or something do the cookin.
Vote for me >> special interest groups gone.. congress gone- term limit 4 ys.. Don't forgert about them flower cops if you
weed wack em..there gone too Problem I see Is this generation was not here when we were booming. No clue about a
phone booths, no clue about 20 cent fuel etc. They think its the norm. to get them self all shot up (news flash).
I live 18 min from Prov RI and every day somebody gets a built in the head. That dump needs marshal law.!
sorry for ranting again but YOU gotta do something don't get tunnel vision don't fall for news lies.......
'

This is a great thread. I appreciate all that you guys have contributed - please do not stop sharing your knowledge and experience on these forums, YouTube, and anywhere else. If any of you guys need help setting up websites or maintaining your blogs let me know - been doing fulltime web work for 15 years now. Maybe we can find ways to setup ad revenue, etc.

There are groups of usually retirees banding together to make or fix things for disabled people but I think insurance liabilities have killed a lot off.
A couple years ago, my wife suffered a stroke. During my many visits to the hospital and rehab clinic, I noticed a number of wheelchairs that all had the same a broken part, which I saw could easily and inexpensively be fixed with a bolt and some nuts and washers. I went through about 4-6 months of dealing (mainly interminable waiting) with the hospital's volunteer coordinator's office, etc. etc. etc. The eventual bottom line was that could actually do some hands-on volunteer work fixing the wheelchairs - BUT- because I would not be an employee, they wouldn't cover any liability. I can just imagine a patient falling out of a wheelchair for an unrelated reason, and just because I'd once had my hands on it, I'd become the target of a greedy shyster. I told them no, thanks.

What I finally did was get the supervisor to introduce me to one of their techs. He took me to the floor where all the broken equipment is kept. Dozens of wheelchairs! I gave him the stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers I'd bought on my own, showed him how simple the repair was, and went on my way. It still bothers me.

Folks I am in Canada so it is easier for me to pay it forward to fellow canadians due to shipping etc. I have all sorts of weird fasteners cir-clips etc and some stock of small sheet brass in various thicknesses. various sizes of ball bearings. Too much scrounged over the years.

I also repair old clocks...mainly for charity...since they typically have very little monetary value but huge sentimental value, and people can't afford the only shop in town.

If I can help anyone just ask.

David

A couple years ago, my wife suffered a stroke. During my many visits to the hospital and rehab clinic, I noticed a number of wheelchairs that all had the same a broken part, which I saw could easily and inexpensively be fixed with a bolt and some nuts and washers. I went through about 4-6 months of dealing (mainly interminable waiting) with the hospital's volunteer coordinator's office, etc. etc. etc. The eventual bottom line was that could actually do some hands-on volunteer work fixing the wheelchairs - BUT- because I would not be an employee, they wouldn't cover any liability. I can just imagine a patient falling out of a wheelchair for an unrelated reason, and just because I'd once had my hands on it, I'd become the target of a greedy shyster. I told them no, thanks.

What I finally did was get the supervisor to introduce me to one of their techs. He took me to the floor where all the broken equipment is kept. Dozens of wheelchairs! I gave him the stainless steel nuts, bolts and washers I'd bought on my own, showed him how simple the repair was, and went on my way. It still bothers me.
It is so sad that you can't help people because they will sue you for it. I have run into that problem many times. It angers me.

Back