For Those With A Fixed Income

Billh50

RIP 2018
Rest In Peace
Please do not be afraid to honestly mention that you are on a fixed income when looking for stuff you need and can't get only because you have no money for it. I know if I had something I wasn't using that someone else on a fixed income could use, I would not think twice before offering it for either free or for just the cost of shipping. I have had others on here help me with stuff in the same way. SO I will always pay it forward when I can. And maybe some others on here can also.

So.....when we finally get that cost of living raise, will it make up for the last four years? Maybe a nice retro active bonus check like the fed employees get?
Heh...Heh.
Anyhow I agree with the Op. Don't be afraid to ask. I give things away all the time & enjoy doing it.
Surprising how many times I don't even get a 'Thank you'. But I don't help others looking for gratitude. I just believe what goes around comes around.
I've been waiting 60 years now.....It should be coming around pretty soon!!! Heh...Heh

TRY LIVIN ON A DISABILITY INCOME FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS. IM DISABLED IN A WHEELCHAIR AND I FIGHT TO SURVIVE DAILY. I FIX OLD MOWERS TO SELL AND PEOPLE STILL ACT LIKE IM ROBBING THEM WHEN I ASK FOR A HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A MOWER THAT COST OVER THREE HUNDRED NEW. I GO OVER EVERYTHING ON THE MOWERS AND GIVE A THIRTY DAY GUARANTEE . FEW DO BUY THEM AND NO HAGGLING BUT THE ONES IN THE $60,000 SUV WANT TO GIVE $50.00 . SERVICE ON A MOWER AROUND HERES $85.00 OR MORE.
MY ONE PET PEEVE IS I WORK DERN HARD TRYING TO LIVE WITH BELOW POVERTY INCOME.

social security giveth..irs taketh

Social Security giveth, and Medicare taketh away, before the IRS gets a chance.

TRY LIVIN ON A DISABILITY INCOME FOR OVER THIRTY YEARS. IM DISABLED IN A WHEELCHAIR AND I FIGHT TO SURVIVE DAILY. I FIX OLD MOWERS TO SELL AND PEOPLE STILL ACT LIKE IM ROBBING THEM WHEN I ASK FOR A HUNDRED DOLLARS FOR A MOWER THAT COST OVER THREE HUNDRED NEW. I GO OVER EVERYTHING ON THE MOWERS AND GIVE A THIRTY DAY GUARANTEE . FEW DO BUY THEM AND NO HAGGLING BUT THE ONES IN THE $60,000 SUV WANT TO GIVE $50.00 . SERVICE ON A MOWER AROUND HERES $85.00 OR MORE.
MY ONE PET PEEVE IS I WORK DERN HARD TRYING TO LIVE WITH BELOW POVERTY INCOME.

Worst job I had, was a department manager for Lowes. There was at least 9 out of 10 returns that I wish I could have told John Q Public where they could shove it. Hard to believe someone would return a mower in the fall, that they bought in the spring, beat to all heck, and they swore they only used it a few times, then it up and died. :confusion: Not just one or two, but at least a dozen or two every year.

Everybody should take a good look at their Social Security statements, and see how pitiful SSDI is. I went from over $1500 a week working, to $450 a week, on unemployment, and then to around $1300 a month on SSDI (with several hundred taken back to pay for medicare :eek 2: ). I don't qualify for any other type of assistance, because of the savings, and 401K, I put aside when I worked, It won't be long until they are used up.

Back