For those who think all PM owners keep pristine equipment

wrmiller

Chief Tinkerer
H-M Supporter Gold Member
I have to make an adapter for my little blast cabinet. Chips, and oil everywhere. Kept having to stuff those long chip ropes behind the bed. What a mess. :)

If I ever get some sheetmetal tools, I may have to make a pull out drawer to put between the stands.

IMG_0950.jpg

Yeah, I have a 5-gallon bucket next to my lathe so when the curly-stringy chips start filling up the chip pan, I transfer them to that bucket. When it gets full, it goes to the big garbage can outside.

I don't have much space in my garage/workshop. I keep my long stringers & bigger chips in these 2 plastic totes. They fit perfect in between my lathe & work bench. All the other chips I just vacuum up.

Img_7337_zpsfd2f8abe.jpg

I was getting some stringers that were 6' or longer. Wrapping around the levelers and snaking under the tool box. And at .050" thick,
they were strong enough that I had to be careful picking them up. Sharp and tough. Didn't cut myself today though. :)

I keep a small plastic trash can right next to my lathe. ;) I hate it when one string grabs the whole bunch and then throws it at you. :eek 2:

That always seems to happen to me on the last pass, when I'm trying to get a really good finish. But when the 'brillo pad' wraps itself around the workpiece I know better than to try grabbing it. Big no-no there...

Back