For Those That Have Actually Purchased A Pm1030v Lathe

lpeedin

H-M Supporter - Gold Member
H-M Supporter Gold Member
If any of you have a few minutes to help, I would greatly appreciate it.

If and when I order the 1030, I'd like to have my ducks in a row before it arrives so I need a couple of measurements.
1) What is the footprint of the 1030 - in other words, what is the distance from the outside edge of each foot? I need this to determine if the bench I have is long enough.
2) What is the height from the center of the spindle to your work bench? This measurement will help me determine the leg length of my work bench.

Also any additional pix you can take of the machine and post here would be greatly appreciated. I'm not finding anything on this lathe on YouTube.

TIA

The machine is 52" wide (left to right). The spindle is 12" above the table. I believe the spec sheet listed with Matt has that listed. Mine is on a 60" wide by 24" deep by 34" high welding table. The extra room is nice for tools and other items I like to keep close. Hope that helps.

Thanks - yes the full length of the machine (52") is listed, but I'm interested in the distance from the outside of each foot. It will be a bit less. Spindle height was not listed so appreciate that info.

I went back out to the shop and the outside "foot" measurement is 45" long and 5 1/4" wide. Just for your info the chip pan is 16 1/2" deep and 51 1/4" long. The site shows the center height to be 5" and the bed height to be 7" giving a spindle height of 12", which mine is. Hope that helps.

Thank you very much - that's exactly what I needed.

Measured the steel table I was hoping to use and it's 24" deep X 40” long; however considering the way it's built I think it will be worthwhile to extend the length to accommodate the 10x30. It's made from 3" X 1/4" thick channel iron with a 5/16" steel plate top. It's way to short now, only 18" high, but extending the legs won't be an issue.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

When my 1030 came in the stands didn't. I decided to put it on a welding table that we had built last year for the time being. I incorporated leveling bolts with a wide flange head at the time and I'm glad now. It may or may not be a permanent resting place for the lathe. Time will tell. I hope your mod works for you.

Here's a pix of the table I have. I offered it to a friend that's posts regularly on here but I'm thinking if he hasn't come after it in 3 months, he isn't going to.
b587cf4fb5eeb0e1c67bd0af7048208b.jpg

When my 1030 came in the stands didn't. I decided to put it on a welding table that we had built last year for the time being. I incorporated leveling bolts with a wide flange head at the time and I'm glad now. It may or may not be a permanent resting place for the lathe. Time will tell. I hope your mod works for you.

I have to be real careful bending over so getting the height correct will be really important. Thankfully I've got a bit of experience with my mini mill & mini lathe on what height works best. Chad (3DShooter 80 on here) would say it's because I'm older than dirt, which isn't too far off.

I bought my PM-1030V without a stand and designed my own to give me a good working height. I welded it up with mostly 2"x2"x1/8" tube and used a 1/4" steel top.

Jon

Sent from my SM-T700 using Tapatalk

Back