Flat belt step pulleys

To 4gsr it is a number 0 Mill, I believe it was made between 1910 and 1920. As far as pulley size. I have 2 pls Logan 820 lathes with 4 step pulleys all same size just flipped end for end. That way the belt length stays the same.
The 10 and 8 inch pieces are being rolled tomorrow for 35.00 apiece. I think that’s reasonable. They are 3/8 ths thick and 3 wide. That leaves plenty to clean up on the late.
Their roller won,t go small enough to roll the 6 3/4 or the 5 inch so hunting some thick wall pipe.

What are these their were 20 of them in a bucket of horizontal mill cutters . A file won,t scratch them thanks ron0538319A-B8C2-467E-AE1C-0D96C04F74F5.jpeg

Just use "Balkan Birch" multi- veneer scraps from a cabinet shop. Rough cut
with bandsaw , glue and screw stacks,bore to size , turn to truth, (your crown
looks about right). Glue and through - bolt. Give it a couple coats of penetrating
Sealer. BLJHB.

I would not be afraid to use wood for the small pulleys as the torque transmitted is relatively light. Have a look at this huge wooden pulley that was used to run a stamp mill at a gold mine in Colorado. Pay no attention to the good looking fellow in the photo, he is there only for a size comparison. The pulley is all wood except for the center hub.265.jpg

Actually, that's all that's left of my shop after I put the lathe into hyper-drive. :eek:

Back