[Noteworthy] Fitting an arc with a bullnose end mill

jmh8743

Active User
Registered
First, Tom Lipton gave me this idea. Bullnose end mills only come in standard sizes. Suppose you need to cut a groove that fits the radius of a Rem 700 receiver, 1.350" + or -. Just have one made. Not time or enough capital you say. Here's a way. This is one I did matching the receiver radius of 22 LR target pistol High Standard. http://winchester52.blogspot.com/2015/08/my-victor-high-standard-mod-107-military.html

IMG_0429.JPG
Lately I needed to match a Winchester 45-70 receiver.
IMG_0428.JPG
top points are Y coordintes and bottom points are Z coordinates. Got tired of doing this by hand and not as good a draftsman as i used to be.....shakey now. So I did this:
IMG_0411.JPG
Maybe this will help someone. This is mirosoft XL spreadsheet copyrighted, etc. Send me a PM, will send it to you if management here allow....me I'm still working on JET lathe half nut housing(s). Update soon on that.
IMG_0430.JPG

Last edited:
Nice work.

You know you can just Upload the file directly in any post, just like you did with the photos? Then it will be here for all to access.

Nice work.

You know you can just Upload the file directly in any post, just like you did with the photos? Then it will be here for all to access.

ok, here goes. disallowed extention, changed it to *.txt.....(*.xlsx)

Attachments

• Book1 - Copy.txt
    19.7 KB · Views: 8
Back