• This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn more.
  • Guest,  We want to wish You and Your Family a Healthy, Happy Thanksgiving! Click the "X" at the top right corner to remove this notice)
  • PLEASE: Read the FORUM RULES BEFORE registering!

Fitting a pot to a vfd

Like what you see?
Click here to donate to this forum and upgrade your account!

Fortis64

Hi,I have an Omron V1,000, vfd 240v single phase input to 240v 3 phase output. Can you guys on here help me out here . I'd like to have a wee bit more speed control on my little Centec 2 . So.. I'd like to fit a potentiometer . This is where I'm stumped . Yeh there is loads of information out on the net ,and that's my problem ...information overload !! . So , what do I need ,and where do I put/fit the potentiometer . Omron vfd.jpg

Appreciate any feed back

mksj

Active User
H-M Supporter-Premium Member
Per above. The Omron V1000 is the same as the Yaskawa V1000. I have this model on my mill, b1-01 = 1 is the default, but it varies on how the VFD was setup, there are several different template parameter files. So you do need to check this parameter.

V1000 pot.jpg

countryguy

Active User
I recall getting stumped when mine would only go up to 65Hz if I recall.... There was a parm for max output (in Hertz) that the VFD would go up to.
maybe this has a parm like that. Just passing 2cents along. I also had spots in the manual with incorrect data. Would would say a "1 here does this... another page would say a "1" did the opposite. trial & error there!

Hope it is all up and running now!

Fortis64

For some reason ,probably my stupidity . I can't seem to be able to set the parameter . I'm not very savy with this sort of stuff . Any assistance would be appreciated Thanks .

Sean

5 7