First time machining getting chatter

And here I was, thinking those guys down in Durban talk kind of funny, don't they? :)

So blue is bad? I have seen them yellow and tan and blue .. What is the best to shoot for ? I turned some aluminum it did better but still had some chatter. I don't have the change gears so I can't adjust the feed rate.

I was messing around today and the compond rest moves even with the gibs tight. its like it has slop in it.. I should have just got a new grizzly and dealt with the china parts at a latter time.

So blue is bad? I have seen them yellow and tan and blue .. What is the best to shoot for ? I turned some aluminum it did better but still had some chatter. I don't have the change gears so I can't adjust the feed rate.

I was messing around today and the compond rest moves even with the gibs tight. its like it has slop in it.. I should have just got a new grizzly and dealt with the china parts at a latter time.
I have seen it argued ten ways from Sunday. most will agree that the color should be more straw like, I'm just saying not all materials will cut that way. Aluminum won't change color much from my experience. It may look a tad dull in comparison to the stock material due to some level of oxidation

Back