First Step To Automate My Surface Grinder

Well I vote in favor of the Arduino open source pc and open source software with a ton of tutorials available for free.
The electrical boards and shields are low $$$ to purchase and available all over the place, the last board cost me $3+ for Arduino nano that runs the surface grinder.
Here is the link for a starting point that is great for all levels knowledge.
https://www.arduino.cc/

I was trying to help by finding out what type of data acquistion they wanted. The ATMega 328 based boards will not have as good an ADC as the ARM boards. Depending on the number of channels and sample rate needed, different boards may or may not provide adequate performance.

I was trying to help by finding out what type of data acquistion they wanted. The ATMega 328 based boards will not have as good an ADC as the ARM boards. Depending on the number of channels and sample rate needed, different boards may or may not provide adequate performance.

Like I said I am no Guru on the boards, just an old fart trying to give the left arm a break. Eventually I will automate the cross feed and the down feed and not really worried to much about the down feed which i could use a ratchet and pawl on down feed, easy peasey

I think you'll do just fine! It's a great system for hobbyists of all experience levels.

Well I had a feller show up and wanted my lightweight Rockwell and traded me a Kent KGS-250AH 8X18 chuck with all axis auto run:aok:.
straight trade no cash given or taken:laughing:

Well I had a feller show up and wanted my lightweight Rockwell and traded me a Kent KGS-250AH 8X18 chuck with all axis auto run:aok:.
straight trade no cash given or taken:laughing:

Mmmmmm OK. It don't get any better than that.:D

I would have loved to see more details on this.
I am in the middle of doing the same thing. But I am worse than terrible at coding.......
I am about to order an Arduino starter kit to try to start learning coding so that I can continue.

Here is the thread of my start at this.

Back