Firewood Processor

Had put this project on the back burner over the summer.
The next step is probably a frame to mount all the components to. Was given some 6 x 6 I-beam that would have worked but a friend had this frame that he was going to use for a saw mill. Two one ton truck frames mated together. Its currently 25 feet long, I'll be shortening it to maybe 16 for the processor.
IMG_2005.jpg

Nice to get it home before winter strikes.

Greg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

IMG_2005.jpg

This is something I will watch with great interest. Great Job on the engine I have had two of the same model one had a distributor on it, I quickly found a mag and converted it. Good lick on the build and keep the pics coming

My friend has been storing this mag based drill here for years. I don't use it often but it sure is handy when the parts are too big to go on the mill.

I need more friends like that! ;)
-brino

I have three of the them Andy, think they could all be rebuilt if needed. Another friend has a four cylinder one, he said I could have if this one doesn't have the oomph to run the processor but I expect it will.
Its a fairly symbiotic friendship brino, things seam to get passed back and forth quite often. It was the owner of the drill that supplied the frame Im going to use. I see we're virtually neighbours, if your ever over this way drop in for a coffee.

Greg

Fabricated an axle for it to ride on. Machined the ends of a 3/4 ton rear axle to press into a length of 3 inch shed 40 pipe. Cutting the housing down with a live 3 jaw chuck in the tail stock.

IMG_2023.jpg

Pulled the ends into the pipe with an 8 foot length of threaded rod and welded them in.

IMG_2024.jpg

Now to clean up the bearings and reassemble the hubs.
Should make a good stout axle when I need to bounce this thing through the bush.

Greg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2024.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

IMG_2023.jpg

Greg,

Thanks for all the great pictures.
It is coming along very well.
It is going to be an absolute beast!

-brino

After a lot of cutting and grinding on the side rails we have a sub frame to mount parts to.
IMG_2034.jpg

Oh the rails aren't as curved as the camera portray's them.

Greg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

IMG_2034.jpg

Really nice build Greg, looking forward to seeing it in action. Seems like you have pretty much everything you need tool wise to get the job done in short order, and obviously the talent. The only thing missing is some of that shiny ceramic tile or checkerboard race deck stuff to spiff up the floor. ;) Cheers, Mike

Last summer I help my nephew cut, split transfer and them the wood then store 2 cords of fire wood.
That was a lot or work.
We was thinking of getting a log splitter to make it a lot easer.

Thanks Mike, I have a really hard time keeping the house some what shinny let alone the shop.

Greg

Back