Firewood Processor

Looking great! They will never see it from the air during a bombing run.
Robert

Monday was Beta testing day. Cut about a cord and had a failure on the saw actuator. The arm that the cylinder pushes to swing the bar failed. I thought the cylinder was bottoming out at the top of the stroke but apparently the arm was hitting the frame.

hHb5udPLxdt9YezkdgvE8n8rGesjHHoCUWvkoPHKig7rHZGQA1no-lb8Nx7zXfxn0NCZ4ShLsh8RpuRcm=w1688-h1266-no.jpg

The parts supplier was close and we came up with rev A, the failed part was 1/2 plate, made a new ring pout of 3/4 and added a 1/2 inch to the wall. Then welded the old arm on.

0oGuJS-GiMAgD9aziawAcSwLZyEIX6cdlZAeiFW7tL-y1n4aWJi1N0tLs1Ikesf__MhcwiGBYuTZD26UZ=w1688-h1266-no.jpg

Made the ring from my stock of mystery metal, might have been wear plate, what a bugger to drill.

Greg

Bit of an update.
I've cut and stacked about 8 face cord with 5 hours showing on the hour meter. Not super fast but minimal labour involved aside from stacking it.
Handling a load of logs with the chainsaw and tractor mounted splitter would take me 5 hard days work. With the processor probably 2 relatively easy days to cut and stack it.

Thanks for watching

Greg

Do the trees tremble when they see you coming with the wood monster in tow.
Great to see things work after all the work you put into building it .

Back