Fire Pit build

Well I like it. Did you free hand the deer or cut it on a plasma table? My torchmate does that really really fast. Then all I have to do is roll it to the appropriate size. I use a lot of 14 Ga on that kind of stiff because it is thick enough not to go crazy when the plasma heats it but not too thick to work and form after the plasma is done. Thats a great project though Charlie, dont forget the pics when you put in the mesh and top grill and door. Do you also plan to paint it or let it get a natural smokey look on the metal? Have a great day and Happy Monday!!!
Bob

Well I like it. Did you free hand the deer or cut it on a plasma table? My torchmate does that really really fast. Then all I have to do is roll it to the appropriate size. I use a lot of 14 Ga on that kind of stiff because it is thick enough not to go crazy when the plasma heats it but not too thick to work and form after the plasma is done. Thats a great project though Charlie, dont forget the pics when you put in the mesh and top grill and door. Do you also plan to paint it or let it get a natural smokey look on the metal? Have a great day and Happy Monday!!!
Bob

My buddy who builds the CNC Plasma tables cut it for me, The reason for 11 gauge was that's what the scrap yard haAs far as paint goes that was a question I was gonna post "What paint to use that will hold up to heat?"

Thanks for the compliments guys

thats a nice build!

would be interested to see how something like this is made.

Made some progress on the fire pit this weekend, it will be done in a couple days. I bought some grill paint, flat black & copper & painted it. Got some SS perf from work to line the inside with. Gotta weld that in and make a grate then finish the lid.

Fire Pit progress (1).JPG Fire Pit progress (2).JPG Fire Pit progress (3).JPG Fire Pit progress (4).JPG Fire Pit progress (5).JPG Fire Pit progress (6).JPG Fire Pit progress (7).JPG Fire Pit progress (8).JPG

Back