Fire Pit build

Charley Davidson

Active User
Registered
This is a fire pit I'm building along with a garden table (not pictured yet) for my Chiropractor in trade for her services.
Its all 11 gauge steel. I'll roll some expanded metal about 4" smaller diameter that will sit down inside of the outer casing, the reason it will be smaller is so the antlers don't get lost in the expanded metal. Still gotta make the grate and a grill for the top, also a lid. The clean out door will be an old cast iron door off a coal furnace that says "Clean Out" This thing is a monster & should last a year or two:thinking:

Fire Pit (1).JPG Fire Pit (2).JPG Fire Pit (3).JPG Fire Pit (4).JPG

That is turning out real nice Charley! Just need some cool nights to enjoy it.

Morning,

Nice work, do local fire regs make you screen it?

Morning,

Nice work, do local fire regs make you screen it?

You gotta read the writing not just the pictures:lmao:

" I'll roll some expanded metal about 4" smaller diameter that will sit down inside of the outer casing, the reason it will be smaller is so the antlers don't get lost in the expanded metal."

thats really nice charley i can imagine seeing deer shadows out it the yard.
a tech question: when you rolled the cutout pattern was it hard to keep it an equal contour with the differing amounts of metal in the rollers?
steve

Very Cool Charley----- I am sure the Doc will be happy.
You are going to make her come pick it up----your back being what it is----:lmao:

Last edited:
thats really nice charley i can imagine seeing deer shadows out it the yard.
a tech question: when you rolled the cutout pattern was it hard to keep it an equal contour with the differing amounts of metal in the rollers?
steve

Yes it did, it wanted to fold in half when it got to the center section.

I made a video but don't know how to upload it

( I'm building along with a garden table (not pictured yet) for my Chiropractor in trade for her services. ):thinking: :lmao::lmao: :lmao:;)

Paul

Back