Finished up my RR turntable

I'd come swing a hammer too but you wouldn't like the results, friends have called me lightning a few times when my aim is off because I never strike twice in the same place. :eek: In all seriousness very nice! More pics wouldn't hurt my feelings at all.

Nice job , railroad pension in your future, real dedication to your hobby . My brother in law went to vokie for machinist training. Soon after graduating he moved to Lancaster in Pennsylvania to work on the Strasburg railroad in the machine shop , he now is in charge of the machine shop side getting close to retirement.
Hard to believe that little boy I took fish in and let run my machines is ready to retire. He hand built out of wood a model of a big steam loco . No boxed set just plain hand and brain work. For twenty years it was in the front entry to the museum there. YUPP I'm proud of him . I'm proud to see your commitment too. Hope you make some YouTube vids.

That's really cool!

I bet when the grandkids come over, they won't spend their time looking at a tablet or phone.

Thanks ArrdvarK! Haha, unfortunately when the grandkids come over they have no interest in the train, all they do is roll in the grass and chew bones and doggy treats. They are my boy's boxer and bulldog.

The kids in the neighborhood hang around like rabbits though - hanging out and peering through the bushes at the progress, day in and day out. I reckon my local ridership will go through the roof once we are able to steam up.

Silverbullet, we visited Strasbourg last fall and toured the machine shop and car barn. Brillant place!! They turn out some phenomenal work.

Glenn

Back