Fincor 2301 dc power supply

Wouldn't load the 3rd and last pictures..sorry not in order. Thanks Phil

Phil: I am fairly certain that 1 is indeed the neutral and 4 is the 115v hot. I'm going to check again tomorrow with my coffee (my best time for thinking).
See if there are any numbers on the orange part between the terminal block and the transformer- not sure what that part is
Mark

No writing.orange.yellow.white.that board is only one like that..2 115v..1 220v are the same..last picture is 220v..it's different than all..thanks..Phil

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Ok I see it's a cap, orange white yellow = 394= 0.39 uf
Pick out any Fincor units you have that you think might still be good, check that the SCRs are all "IS68" and if they have insulating mica washers. If they do, you could try hooking one up.
Terminal 2 and 3 are definitely motor wires, Terminal 1 is neutral and 4 is 115v hot I'm certain now.
I see where the field would connect but it's a factory option, not connected on yours.
Mark

Last edited:
If you don't see any mica washers at all then those parts may be iso-tabs after all. We can check that with a meter, unsolder one and check for continuity between the tab and the center pin. No continuity means iso, no washer needed
Mark

Couple are insulated from ground..the pot case on insulated ones no continuity to ground..non insulated scr pot case is grounded..the scr that fell off board (haha) center pin to outside 2 no continuity .the non insulated scr has continuIty to ground

If the SCRs are damaged the continuity test may be meaningless. Do you want to unsolder and test them all? Or just see if any of the controllers work straight away and fix the broken ones later? Up to you.
Here's what you need to test the SCRs and diodes: You need a 9 to 12 volt dc wall wart or a car battery and a small 12v bulb. Briefly connect the gate to the anode with a wire and the lamp should turn on and stay on until you remove the power.
Use the same jig to test diodes, connect diode to A and C, lamp should light. Turn diode around lamp should not light.
SCRpinout1.jpeg SCRtestbed1a.jpeg
Let me know what you find
Mark

Plugged one up.4 hot..1 neutral..turned breaker on..ok...turned switch on. Blew breaker ...gonna try another one..thanks for your time and info..maybe one will power up..then I'll try to test per your posts

Back