Fincor 2301 dc power supply

Should have said I have a 220v and a 115 v power supply that I've not hooked up ..hoping they are good. The 220v one is a 2302 instead of 2301..Thanks Phil

the number is is68 then ho879

the numbers on the SCR devices looks like a "house" number so it doesn't tell us much yet

Hey guys, my NTE semiconductor cross reference(12ed.) gives NTE5466 as the cross for IS68, and lists it as "SCR-600VRM,10A"
It says the pins are KAG from left to right when looking at the markings. It indicates that the case/tab is connected to the anode "A", so that the insulating hardware supplied with the part must be used if subbing in the NTE5466.

The last line "H0879" is likely a date code.

-brino

Cool Brino, thanks that's good to know. I was hoping they were iso-tab like on the KB unit I have.
The main hangup now is figuring out where the 115v neutral goes on the terminal block. Possibly #1, not sure.
I can tell Phil how to test the semiconductors and replace but he'll smoke 'em unless we know how to hook it up correctly.
Right Phil? :D
Mark

Last edited:
Phil: The key to unlocking this puzzle is tracing out the connections to the primary of that little transformer. I see the secondary goes to a bridge rectifier made of separate diodes which powers the low voltage circuits.
I also see one side of the transformer goes to pin 1 of the terminal block. So then does the other side make it's way back to 115 hot/ pin 4 somehow? If so then 1 is neutral, 4 is 115v hot, and the motor would go to 2 and 3. But trace it first to verify. I can't see it that well from the pics.
Mark

The primary of the transformer is A and B in this picture- need to trace where A goes/comes from. C,D,and E are secondary to bridge rectifier/low voltage supply
MarkFincTerm1axbrt.jpeg

Last edited:
Will trace out.friday evening. Thanks very much for your help..I need to quit buying stuff that's a pain in the butt..you think you're getting a deal....

I know it's tempting but buying electronics without any documentation can be risky. We're getting closer now. It would be helpful if you could shoot a couple more close ups of the bottom of the board. Half the board with one shot and half with the other so I can overlap 'em and get the whole picture so to speak. Do a couple more of the top side too.
Ciao Phil,
Mark

Thanks for jumping in here guys! Great notes. Have we taken an ohm meter to the big rectifying diodes yet. As an old EET from the linear days, I cannot tell ya how many of these I replaced. Symptom. Immediate fuse pop upon ac power up. I think I saw a half wave in one of the pics. Looked fuzzy. On a phone now . Willl check later too.

Testing the semiconductors comes later, our first task is to determine without a doubt how the unit should be connected. I'm sure we will find some bad parts too later on.
Waiting on Phil to post some more pictures so we can see the configuration of the SCR bridge.
Mark

I know this one needs parts..this is the one I put 115v on terminals 1 &3..melted the solder on loose part..green tint is from foam pad between board and circuit breaker..have 4 more 115v..1 220v and extra 220 board..if these pictures are not what you need let me know..thanks Phil..

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Back