Fincor 2301 dc power supply

L

Lordbeezer

Forum Guest
Register Today
trying to wire up dc power supply..terminals numbered 1,2,3,4..wired two different ones terminal 1 black..2. White..115v ac..blew breaker in box both times..run switch and power switch were on when power was applied..can't find any info on this model.with 4 terminals would think 2 are for 115 v..other 2 to dc motor.how would I determine which ones get the 115 v..thanks

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Can you take a picture of the bottom of the power supply? Need to see the copper traces to give you lugs, but the AC input should go into the primary side of the Xformer (transformer). See if you can trace back 2 of the lines from the Xformer to the lugs. That is your AC input as 110 will usually go into the Xformer primary, get bumped down (or up) thru the windings, (the other side of the Xformer) and off into the DC building circuitry. I see what looks like 2 or 4 larger diodes, but it's blurry. 2 diodes are needed for half-wave and 4 for full wave. That looks to me like it uses Diodes to rectify and develop the Direct Current. I have seen many of those with shorted diodes causing fuses to pop every time. Use a diode checker or Ohm meter across them, looking for a direct short and 0hms if bad.

Thanks very much for info.will trace .hope the pictures will help..Phil ..if closer or different pictures are needed let me know

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Number 4 terminal under strip looks kinda rough..

Hmmm I cannot tell... I need to ID the Xformer pins on the underside.. I cannot tell from the bottom which ping are for the Xformer on the primary side. If you took a black marker and eyeballed the pin going thru the top, and then out the bottom w/ solder and put a small circle around it, I could see a lot more than I am now. Just a thought. Do you have a volt/ohm meter and know how to use it? I see see some places on the net to send the 2301 to for service.

Xformer has 2 wires coming out on terminal end..3 on back side.1 of 2 goes to terminal 1..center wire of 3 goes to terminal 3...marked path with sharpie..hope it shows up in picture. Thanks for your time..Phil ..picture is of different board but looks the same.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I put 115v on terminals 1 & 3..doesn't pop breaker.2& 4 put out appx.54 volts.knob doesn't change voltage..doesn't run either 2 dc motors I wired in..tried different power supply.same results.back to the drawing board..

I Was able to find the attached manual, but its for a different 23 model. Maybe it can help? There are schematics in there. Sorry I could not be of more help

Attachments

• FINCOR 2330 INSTRUCTION MANUAL.pdf
    2.8 MB · Views: 6
That manual is for the 2330..way different unfortunately.called company that fixes fincor controls.emailed them pictures.so far they have no idea how to wire the 4 terminals..makes me wonder how they could test it for function..have 5 115 v. 1 230 v controllers..countryguy please don't be sorry..you helped.got me on a path..thanks very much for your time and knowledge.Phil

is there any chance of getting a picture of the terminal strip, head on?

Back