Finally have theTaig mill and lathe set up

AGAS

Registered
Registered
I went down to Chandler Az (25 min.drive)
I met Forrest and his two sons and John. John sets up the mills and is designing the Taig Cnc mill.
Forrests wife does all the packing of sold items. Nick who has a great web site sold me items along w all the accessories. He took 10 percent off and I just drove down to the company and picked up the boxes. VERY nice ppl. I'll post photos soon.
I'm looking for 1/4 sq indexable lathe tool holders.
Thanks
Agas

lots of cool ideas on that guys page, even though it geared towards the smaller machine, nothing wrong with trying to scale it up for a bigger machine.

congrats on your new machines
try littlemachineshop.com for tooling they are good to deal with
I have sherline lathe and mill and i have found the carbide insert tools dont work as well as high speed steel cutters. the carbides are negative rake and need more horsepower and prone to chatter on my small machines. if you can grind your own hss cutters the results will probably be better.
steve

lots of cool ideas on that guys page, even though it geared towards the smaller machine, nothing wrong with trying to scale it up for a bigger machine.

That page was the first thing I ran across that initially got me interested in machinig.

Back